Educational Services and Training
The Family Word Centre Consult caters for educational needs and training services.
What a christian education is not
“I would advise no one to send his child where the Holy Scriptures are not supreme.” -Martin Luther
A Christian school is not a place where a few “ornaments” like prayer, chapels, and Bible classes merely complement an otherwise secular education. Genuine Christian education seeks to integrate God’s Word into every facet of the curriculum as well as all co-curricular activities. As the Puritan theologian Charles Bridges wrote in his commentary on Proverbs, “The religious training must not be the border of the garment, which might easily be cut off.
Partnership with Christian Schools that support and promote the culture of International students.
For the children to maintain our value system and culture while abroad, an intentional and strategic plan is arranged with the schools to incorporate the Nigerian culture and celebrations into the School curriculum.
Christian Education is a must have
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION IS A MUST HAVE.
1. Three key institutions that shape a child are the home, the church and the school. Children are served best when all three institutions point them in the same direction.
2. Only an education that has the liberty to address the whole child — social, intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual — reaches the possibility of excellence.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE A CHRISTIAN EDUCATION?
1. GOD’S WORD IS TAUGHT “I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt…I am much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth.” -Martin Luther
THE SCHOOL SHARES YOUR VALUES
2. If you’re like most Christian parents, you’ve taught your children about God since the day they were born. You’ve taken them to church, read them Bible stories, and taught them to live by the principles of the Bible. Imagine their shock and dismay when they’re thrust into an environment in which God and the Bible is ignored and perverted. (Two cannot work together except they agree) “To commit our children to the care of irreligious persons is to commit lambs to the superintendency of wolves.” -Timothy Dwight
By entrusting your children to educators who share your values, you’ll have more time for meaningful conversations. Instead of debriefing your children, you’ll be getting to know and enhance what was taught in school.
3. PEER PRESSURE “Bad company corrupts good morals” children and young teens included. Make no mistake: your children will be exposed to bad company no matter where they go to school. Sometimes they may even be the bad company. But in a Christian environment, they’ll be much less likely to find themselves surrounded by destructive influences, and far more likely to find positive ones.
4. SAFETY Simply put, Christian schools are a safer place for your children to receive an education. While Christian schools are not devoid of problems – even severe ones like drug and alcohol use – they are far less likely to occur, and far more likely to be met with firm disciplinary action. In addition to physical well-being, Christian schools offer a much safer emotional and spiritual environment. Verbal insults and hazing, things that go largely overlooked in a regular school setting, are less likely to be tolerated. Anti-Christian behavior such as homosexuality and abortion is exposed for what it is, which helps guard your children’s minds against the licentious attitudes fostered by popular education.